The online payment system for the Illinois tollway
by Gilbert Keith
.. is horrendous. I thought I’d be saving some time blowing past the tolls and paying them online once I reached my destination, but this is not the case.
This is what you need to do to actually pay tolls online:
– Enter your personal and car information (this part of it is not a big deal)
– Manually enter in every single toll plaza, the direction in which you were traveling, the approximate time you drove by the toll plaza.
— Once you enter in a line item, you cannot edit said item if you notice a mistake. You literally have to cancel out of your progress and restart from scratch.
Instead what I should be able to do is:
– use the trip calculator software to enter my trip details.
– with the click of a button, have my lines for the various tolls missed auto-populate.
– review my tolls and adjust the approximate times as necessary.
– Enter car and payment info and be done.
Of course, the above is probably a moot point now that I manned up and bought an IPass at one of those gas stations. It also saves you about 50% of the monies, so my Chicago trips will only cost about $10 in tolls as opposed to $20. Hooray.